Girl Guides Photo Albums
Brief description of CCA
Girl Guides are trained to observe the fundamental principles of the Guide Law and Promise through our 5-Point Programme. Our CCA sessions provides an enriched learning experience through the non-formal education method which has the following five essential elements:
• Learning in small groups: The girls learn to support each other, value teamwork, negotiate, make democratic decisions, solve problems together and take the lead.
• My path, my pace: The girls learn to respect individuals, value their achievements, collaborate and not compete, and be confident.
• Learn by doing: The girls learn to face challenges, learn through experience, take risks, make mistakes, get involved and pay attention.
• Connecting with others: The girls learn to value others, appreciate diversity, develop empathy and communicate.
• Connecting with my world: The girls become active citizens who enjoy the outdoors and get involved in our community.
Girl Guide activities are relevant, exciting, accessible and learner-led. All girls are given opportunities to develop leadership skills and they learn planning skills and time management skills as they are involved in session planning in their patrols every week.
Achievements of CCA
● Puan Noor Aishah Award (Silver) 2016
CCA Training and Highlights
Looking for an enriching CCA experience? In Girl Guides, the girls participate in a wide range of activities to fulfil criteria to earn numerous Proficiency Badges such as the Artist Badge, PUB Water Challenge Badge and Knotter Badge. Also, the girls enjoy fun team-bonding activities (such as sandcastle-building at Pasir Ris Park) and enriching learning journeys.
In addition, Girl Guides participate in special projects badge programmes and activities organised by the Headquarters. For example, Girl Guides took up the role of Elder Befrienders as they participated in the Tan Tock Seng Hospital Care for the Elderly Badge Programme and Free Being Me Badge which is an International Badge programme to build self-esteem and stand up to social pressures in being body confident.
Expectations of CCA
Girl Guides are expected to participate actively in all activities and uphold the Guide Law and Promise.